Now we know a lot about ginger, and how interesting and healthy food it is we see only when we collect all the information in one place. That is why we highlight 10 genial facts about ginger and why use it daily.
- Apart from the abundance of various minerals and vitamins, this bittery tasted plant is rich in gingerola that stimulates digestion, making it easier to treat it like flatulence and cramps.
- Ginger has a unique flavor, at the same time it is sweet and peppery. You can use it when you prepare any food rich in proteins, such as chicken and beef. Mix it with garlic for a stronger taste and more healthful properties.
- Ginger is a respected natural remedy against nausea. It is also known for its soothing, antibacterial and antihistamine effect; it works anti-inflammatory and alleviates allergies.
- From ginger juice, you can prepare fine tea, you can cut it and toss the raw, or enjoy it in the finished products offered in stores (eg ginger juice and marmalade).
- Ginger juice excellently revitalizes, improves mood, warms and helps in weight loss because it maintains a sense of satiety. It can be prepared from fresh roots or powdered ginger. It is traditionally prepared by cutting it in smaller pieces, then pouring with boiling water.
- The American and Chinese Academy of Sciences have conducted research on ginger activity on the weight loss process. They concluded that ginger reduces oxidative stress (a form of cellular aging), has anti-inflammatory properties and lowers cholesterol and blood pressure.
It can even lower the artherosclerosis or the accumulation of dangerous fat in the arteries. Studies have shown that ginger consumption can improve caloric melting and reduce hunger, and is associated with loss of body weight in adult obese people.
- If you suffer from travel illness, and even the slightest mileage causes a feeling of nausea, the solution is again – ginger. Brigham Young University research found that it works on the body better than most nausea medicines.
- You may not have known that in many countries it is traditionally used for hair treatments, and is best known for keeping the prune under control. Make a ginger and jojoba mask, rinse in your hair and rinse after 30 minutes.
- Women who struggle with painful periods may find it easier to come by drinking ginger tea. The study published in Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine has shown that gingivitis on painful cramps is as effective as ibuprofen. Leave two tablespoons of fresh ginger roots for 15 minutes in hot water and scrub. Add honey or lemon to enhance the taste.
- Essential oil ginger warms the body, improves circulation and blood flow. It is therefore an excellent remedy for painful and tired muscles. How do you best use it?
Wrap four tablespoons of freshly grated ginger in a cotton bag and put it in the bath water. While enjoying a relaxing treatment, ginger will work on painful and inflammatory areas.
Healthy benefits of Ginger:
- relieves pain
- stimulates digestion
- heals arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- soothes irritability
- enhances the extraction of excess water from the body
- reduces inflammation
- destroys pathogenic microorganisms
- prevents the spread of cancer cells
- helps with allergy
- relieves nausea
- helps with flu and colds